Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Phrases I Want to Teach My Kids

...but don't think I'll be able to:

  • "This the world's smallest violin playing 'My Heart Bleeds For You.'"
  • "You can't always get what you want."
  • "It's a hard knock life."
  • "What's up?"
  • "Cry me a river."
  • "Deal with it."


Okay, "what's up?" they could probably handle. But otherwise, probably not going to happen.


And I just realized how sarcastic most of this list is. Hah. Things I miss about lecturing kids in English...

3 comments:

  1. just don't teach them "whatever"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teach them "world's tiniest violin playing a sad sad song just for you." No reference to a specific song = huzzah for foreign speakers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i say "knock it off" and "chill out" all the time to my students ...

    the first one makes me feel like my mother.
    the second just makes me feel better when they're spazzing out.

    bit i did teach "wassup dog?" to my grade nines! that was entertaining.

    ReplyDelete