Here are some thing I've learned, whether about Korea or my students, silly or serious, from editing past and present speeches:
- Pollution is basically to blame for every evil that befalls us in this modern age.
- My elementary school students have more focused ambitions, dreams, and goals than I did at their age. Heck, they have more of them than I do now.
- Hangeul is the greatest thing ever.
- Except maybe for bibimbap, which releases poisons from the body and also cures asthma and diabetes.
- Korea's brand of oriental medicine is the best in the world.
- 동의보감 was put on UNESCO's "Memory of the World" register in 2009.
- Korea should be one country again.