Monday, July 2, 2012

Multimedia Monday: You've Got a Friend in Me

The first topic in the new textbook is "Friendship." And is there a better song about friendship than Brian Wilson singing Randy Newman? No. No there is not. And I really like using these typography videos in class, so bonus points for that.


I'm doing a simple gap fill with the lyrics beforehand, though listening again I realized it's really needlessly repetitive at the end. What the heck, Brian? Usually you're a masterful arranger but why did you add a whole bunch of nothing to the end? Randy Newman ain't no slouch, son.

Of course, I would be remiss in my Internet geekiness if I didn't also include a choice clip from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, but I think it's a mediocre show so I can't be bothered to sort through the awful fanvids and brony nonsense on YouTube to find something for class. Remiss I shall be!

If you were interested, though, someone has subbed most of the episodes in Korean. I give you: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (and Korean).

Check out the other Multimedia Monday entries for short lesson ideas; you can use YouTubeDownloaderHD to save them to your computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment