Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

I had the day off today, courtesy of Children's Day. I took advantage of this break and went on a photo safari:






Preparing fish at a restaurant.




There don't seem to be any "good" or "bad" neighborhoods in Minlak-dong. Everything just kind of mish-mashes together. This broken-down little place is a five minute walk from my apartment; you can see pockets of tin-roofed shanty-looking houses behind the restaurants on the main drag.



Someone's garden, across the street from the above photo. I'm not sure what they're growing, but you see small fields just like this one all over the place. I imagine gardens like this is where all the back-of-truck produce in Korea comes from.











2 comments:

  1. Great Photos! It's funny to see azaleas just like we have in bloom over here right now!!! (that is what they are - isn't it?)
    Happy upcoming bday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what kind of flower they are! But they're pretty and they smell good, and I picked some (shh) to keep in my apartment.

    Thank you for the birthday wishes!! :D

    ReplyDelete