Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Interview: Vagabond Journey

I was interviewed for an article on Vagabond Journey. While there's nothing there I haven't mentioned before on the blog (other foreigners can be knuckleheads, learn some damn Korean, etc) it might be of interest to you to get a larger perspective (or whatever) on teaching in South Korea: ESL in the Fast Lane: Lessons in Teaching English in South Korea.

I will say that it's infinitely weird to be referred to by my last name in "print." I understand that it's convention, but still. Many of my close friends have called me "Koba" for so long that when other people use it in a professional context, it sounds strange. It's like someone using your college nickname in a newspaper article. The only thing more jarring would have been if she had called me "Kobes."

No comments:

Post a Comment