Monday, December 27, 2010

Paradise is Puerto Viejo

Puerto Viejo. A small town that garnered much infamy within our CELTee group, mostly because of one particular students' recurring trips there (three in total, during her time in Costa Rica). Not that you can really blame her. There's a lot to do and very much a "small town, slice-of-life" feel to it (Ticos vacation there about as often as foreign tourists).

puerto viejo

With funds and desire to stay in San Jose for the rest of my time in Costa Rica dwindling, I decided a multiple-day beach trip was necessary. Everyone had their opinion about where I should go and what I should do, and eventually I settled on...Puerto Viejo. Decision motivated mostly by cost of accommodations, however; not going to lie.

Or not entirely cost. Character factored in, too.

"You have to stay at Rocking J's," Eva insisted multiple times. "It's amazing."

And so, before I even get to what I did on my winter vacation (not much), an introduction to where I stayed.

Rocking J's wins two awards: Cheapest Hostel I've Stayed At, and Most Unique Hostel I've Stayed At.

In short: it's an entirely open-air, tin-roofed joint with razy mosaic art and hammocks, as well as a tasty in-house restaurant.

As for the rest of the trip, I think I'll shut up for once and just let the pictures do the talking.


Rocking J's







Happy New Year, readers. :)

2 comments:

  1. You are brilliant. I think most people would have just found a place to get the certification at home. Going to Costa Rica simply because you could is so smart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, my buddy Noah deserves the credit for my idea to jet-set to Costa Rica. I wouldn't have thought of it otherwise.

    Additionally, even with the airfare, it was actually cheaper to get it in Costa Rica than in NYC (the closest one to me).

    ReplyDelete