- Don't worry about the food. In fact, worry about the food when you come back. You will miss it.
- In fact, you'll probably like Korean food a little too much for your own good: JOIN A GYM RIGHT AWAY.
- The clothes you got were acceptable, but they weren't quite in step with Korean style. Or any style. You dress kind of terribly. Just invest lots of good pants and buy the tops in Korea.
- And just pack fewer clothes, goofball.
- Don't waste so much time in Shinchon/Hongdae.
- Be pro-active. Get off your duff and go do more stuff: Jeju, Busan, caves, templestays, etc.
- Buy a toaster oven.
- You should have started hitting the jjimjilbangs earlier. Much, much earlier.
- There's plenty of cool stuff in Uijeongbu, you don't need to go to Seoul every weekend.
- SPAM is really, really good. Yes, really.
This will much better prepare you for your year abroad, Self. Take this advice to heart.
Your Older, Post-Korea Self