Saturday, October 24, 2009

Surprises

Some days are not what you expect.

Thursday, for example, was a great day. Phillies clinch the pennant, my mom's care package arrived, a friend of mine came into some windfall cash...but my day at work was mediocre at best.

Friday I arrived at work feeling less than stellar. Exhausted from lack of sleep, I thought there was no way I could make it through the day and thanked the schedule gods that I had my short day that day. But as it turned out, Friday was a good day. My kids had a lot of energy but also a lot of enthusiasm for class.

Even so, I called it a day pretty early and crashed as soon as I got home from work. Eleven hours of sleep for the win.

1 comment:

  1. and how was the package from home? enough peeps to go around?

    ReplyDelete