Monday, January 9, 2012

Multimedia Monday: Kermit the Frog

Right now my intensive classes are watching Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, which has a brief cameo from Kermit the Frog.



One of my questions was: "What's Kermit doing?"

"Kermit...?"

"The frog.  What is the frog doing?"

And I realized that duh, these girls didn't grow up watching Sesame Street or The Muppet Show.    I found  these two clips from Sesame Street and showed them the next day.  They went over well in both of my classes, both the high level and the lower level.




They liked the second one a little bit better, mostly because Elmo acts like such a weirdo. "IDEEEEEEEEEA?"  But both videos got laughs and, more importantly, comprehension.

If you want to watch these or any other videos in your classroom, but you don't have Internet, I again recommend YouTube Downloader HD.  For other supplemental/time-filler ideas (as if you couldn't use YouTube yourself, I know), check out the Multimedia Monday tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment